Planning a trip to London this Christmas? We’ve picked out some of our favourite festive activities taking place over the coming months to get involved with, from fondue and carols, to masterclasses and sustainable shopping.
1. Pebblefestive in Flat Iron Square is a one day festival which offers a conscious Christmas market with over thirty independent traders selling eco-friendly and sustainably-focussed goods, running on the 30th of November.
2. Crafty Fox Market supports emerging designer makers and artists with opportunities to showcase and sell their work. They have a special Christmas market on the 23rd of November, with additional events running until 15th of December. The London Artisan also offers a diverse shopping experience that celebrates independent producers and makers. They will be hosting special Christmas editions at their two London locations.
3. A short walk away from The Pilgrm you can find Hyde Park, which will soon house the largest open-air ice rink in the UK - and is of course where you will be able to find Winter Wonderland, which opens on the 21st of November. For a different perspective of the city, you can admire the London skyline as you skate around the rooftop ice rink at Skylight.
4. Kew Gardens light trail is considered to be amongst the best of London’s Christmas lights, turning the gardens into a festive enchanted woodland from 20th of November. For more on London's lights, click here.
5. If you're looking for a unique experience that will also make a difference, The Clink is a charity which runs restaurants that are situated within working prisons. All of the food is prepared and served by prisoners, giving them an opportunity to gain new skills and qualifications in catering and horticulture. The charity is taking bookings throughout the festive season at their 4 locations - including their Brixton restaurant in south London. Find out more here.
6. Continuing with the festive goodwill, you can join one of many charity-lead Christmas carol events in London this year, such as the candlelit service for the Evelina Children's Hospital London on the 5th of December, or one of the Battersea Dogs & Cats Home Christmas Carol Concerts on the 5th and 13th of December,
7. Catch an immersive film experience at Backyard Cinema.
8. Enjoy our seasonal cheeseboard and a glass or two of wine in the lounge at The Pilgrm. If you're looking to take it up a notch, we suggest you head to the nearby La Fromagerie in Marylebone, where they offer classic fondue and occasionally have cheese and wine tastings on Friday evenings.
9. Join Carousel's masterclass on Curing and Preserving for Christmas on the 23rd of November. Keep an eye on their website for other festive experiences coming up.
10. Finally - don't forget you can enjoy free breakfast during your stay at The Pilgrm by using the code WINTER when making your booking, available on selected dates through December, January and February. There's also an option to add a £1 donation to the homelessness charity, StreetSmart, when making your reservation. Book here.